4.27.2010

things i like

vintage
cash register pencil sharpener, bought for me by my mother over spring break.
we went antiquing quite a lot that week, and at one small shop we found a table crowded with all sorts of ones - harps, cannons, carriages. this was my favorite, so we bought it as well as a paddleboat one for my dad.

fork bracelet
a bracelet made out of a fork, given to me by jessica.
i have a pair of earrings made out of the decorative ends of spoons, and so she thought she'd complete the set for me. now i can be covered in cutlery.

starfish from alaska
a starfish from the coast in alaska. my parents lived there for roughly twelve years after they first married, and still have all sorts of things they pulled from the sea - hand-blown glass floats lost from fishermen's nets, dried lines of seaweed, sand-smoothed sea glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment